Commandline tools broke between Sept 21 and 20011108?

Dan Kegel dkegel at ixiacom.com
Mon Dec 10 16:28:13 CST 2001

I have been running Wine-20010824 updated via cvs to Sept 21
quite happily for some time.

Today I updated to Debian testing's version of wine,
which is 20011108.  It seems to work-- but commandline
windows apps are now behaving very strangely.
Wine seems to put the console into raw mode!
This causes programs that read lines from standard input,
like ss.exe (part of visual sourcesafe), to hang.

It also switches the screen like editors do, so
you can't see the output after the program finishes!

Since Debian doesn't seem to make any big changes to wine,
I guess Wine has gone through a big change that has
broken running commandline windows programs.

Has anyone else run into this?
- Dan