Resource temporarily unavailable

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Dec 11 09:24:51 CST 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, T REX wrote:

> Good to hear.
> I think I now kan rule out errors in the cable
> or in linux, t must be a wine problem.
> It seams to me that tis DTR/DSR thing might
> not be the right way to go, it should be  software flow controll anyway,
> since it is bundled with a tree wire cable.
> How is the status on software flow controll under wine? is it hopeless?
>
> BTW I sent only one mail but it came out tree,
> I was somewhat surpriced about that.
> I wonder if it repeats itself.
>
> The1trex

The linux serial driver has builtin support for software flow control if
the app asks for it, AFAIR your app doesn't.  Software flow control is
the ~IXOFF ~IXON.  Wine was misinterpreting the API about hardware flow
control, but the handshake.diff should (have) fixed that.  I think there
is still some problem with overlapped processing Mike hasn't finished
sorting out.

I don't remember if your app asked for overlapped or not.  If it didn't,
you might have some success with an earlier wine from before we tried to
implement overlapped processing, plus the handshake.diff, which does
correct a long-standing error.  I think.  Maybe I should say address
rather than correct.

Lawson
---oof---