application on server

elwis at spray.se elwis at spray.se
Wed Dec 12 11:41:11 CST 2001

Hi!
I have Q, we have an application in the office that needs to be run on every computer. It is a "client interface" to our buisness database. On the MS machines, this one is run as a shortcut to the .exe file that resides on the fileserver. This, and 4 lines in the registry is all that is needed.(except for some DLL's of course)
So, can I do something similar with wine on a Linux machine? Or is it easier to try to install the client locally and then edit the path for the database files? Which would be easiest? I'm not sure how to fake the path to the .exe file on the server in fake_windows

Best regards!

Stefan

Här börjar Internet!
Skaffa gratis e-mail och gratis Internet på http://www.spray.se