Wine & DeZign for Databases 2.5

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Wed Dec 12 09:44:37 CST 2001

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:21:49 -0500 (EST), Richard Welty
<rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:

>umm, for example, if i want to create a project in DeZign, i select new
>project from the file menu, and DeZign pops up a small menu with options
>that need to be specified. two are text boxes (for the size of the
>graphical workspace); these work fine.

If I understand correctly, you are calling 'menu' what is
usually called 'dialog'.

> the third is a list of options
>for what the target RDBMS is (ANSI Level 2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
>one of these is selected by default and you click on the arrow to
>get a "drop down" list of the other options appear.
>
>it is this latter type of menu item that seems to have a problem.

And here you are calling menu what is usually called
a combobox, right ? Called this way because it's an
aggregation of a text box and a list.

Try to run with -debugmsg +combo and post the console output
when you click on the combobox arrow. Comboboxes not
dropping can be caused roughly by 2 reasons :
- the app can't find any data to add to the list : look at
the trace before if you can find CB_ADDSTRING messages.
- the list height is not set because of some weirdness
in the combo behaviour  - comboboxes are difficult to
emulate.

Gerard