[Fwd: DGA (/dev/mem)]

eric pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 12 15:45:16 CST 2001

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: DGA (/dev/mem)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:32:07 +0000
From: "Mark Hannessen" <msh104 at hotmail.com>
To: wwn at winehq.com

Hee wine guys.

I have been using wine for a while now and i think it is generely a good
idea ( much better than having boot your entire windows operating system
inside linux )

It is a shame it is a little unstable though
but it is getting much better every time i download a new version

I still have a problem with DGA which i don't now how to solve.

Situation:

I am currently using LFS linux (www.linuxfromscratch.org)
it lets you build your own linux system from source
i added the X-server and some other usefull desktop programmes to it
and it is running perfect.

the only problem is that only my root user is allowed to use /dev/mem
in the according to the wine documentation i should add my user to a
group
that has this rights ( kmem )

the problem is that the group ( kmem ) does not have access to /dev/mem
either and i don't no how i should do that.

Any hints ?

That for any support you could give.

Mark Hannessen