Instability with nearly all programs

Tim from AZ tim_odom at hootmail.com
Thu Dec 13 12:00:39 CST 2001

Hello,

I realize that Wine is still beta software but I've got a question.  I
installed Wine on my Win2k/Mandrake8.1 dual boot machine.  It thought the
registry was corrupted (it isn't), so I couldn't use it and had to let it
make an imitation.  My problem is that the only programs that seem to run
stably on Wine are NotePad and Calc.  I was hoping to be able to run
Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Money, Arachnophilia, and Jasc Paint
Shop Pro.  None of them work stabily (if at all).  Most fail with an error
like "unrecognised command -title" or something like that and then just shut
down.  I'm wondering if it would run better by having a copy of Win98 on the
machine so it can grab the registry easier.  Is it even realistic to be able
to run the above programs?  Any advise would be appreciated!

Tim from AZ