Wine and Baldur's Gate

Ian D . Stewart idstewart at compuvative.com
Sat Dec 15 11:01:27 CST 2001

On 2001.12.15 09:22:03 -0500 J.Brown (Ender/Amigo) wrote:
> Try the latest cvs with the OSS sound patch posted on wine-devel by eric
> pouech about a dozen messages ago. Use the second version of the patch,
> not the first :)
>
> That should help the sound problems at least...

Well, I've checked out source from CVS, which apparently already includes
eric's patch.  I'm now getting anew error message:

	This sound card's driver does not support direct access
	The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead.

After I click 'Play', the opening credits start, then within a few seconds
the process dies.  Unfortunately it does so without resetting the X
display mode to 800x600.

Ian
--
Linux, the choice          | Humor in the Court: Q.  And lastly, Gary,
of a GNU generation   -o)  | all your responses must be oral.  O.K.?