Finding DLL's

Bill Medland medbi01_1 at accpac.com
Wed Dec 19 09:24:40 CST 2001

"jim" <jim at weathercom.com> wrote in message
news:20011219062633.D37A116A31 at localhost.localdomain...
> Nope.  I tried using --debugmsg +module and got the same results, which
I've
> attached below.  Any other suggestions?  I would really like to never boot
> Windows again.

What came just before this ?  That is the important part.  There should have
been a line like:

trace:module:map_image Mapping section .data at <pointer> off (....

just before this
> err:module:map_image Could not map section .data, file probably truncated
> err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) IPROF32.dll (which is needed by
> C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Pro\qbconv32.dll) not found
<cut>

It indicates to me that something happened when it tried to map the data
section of the dll into memory (so I am certain that it found the DLL).  The
trace should even show you exactly which file it is trying to map.

Now I know that some people have been working around protections etc. in the
memory and code mapping area which is why I suggest a slightly older or
newer copy of the code.  Do you build your own or install from a prebuilt
copy of wine?

Bill