Better instructions with "\"

Timothy temarc at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 1 11:42:54 CST 2001

APPEND: Usage of "\"
Here's another quirk of wine. I write "c:\Program Files\etc". I have to
type in bash "wine c:\\Program\ Files\\etc". No problem, as long I can
remember ASCII(32)= "\ ", but when I try to make a desktop (iconized)
shortcut(of a workable wine script), I need to write it as "wine
/mnt/win_c/Program" "Files/etc".
I can see the need for /mnt/, but now ASCII(32) becomes ASCII(0)null,
and yes, I've tried to wine "command" and `command`.
So in response of why I'd like to have double-click(D/C), or be to able
D/C within a file manager, it's quite simple.
M$ sucks, I'm(being no way a pro, just someone who knows better) hearing
of questions why they keep crashing. I'd think of them as convertibles,
I've gotten five so far. I want to sell them on Linux. I realize that
there are going to be a few who want no wars, peace for all mankind...
At least try to make it simple for those who have no clue. I know, will
have call you Bill Gates Jr. HA
Seriously, I realize WINE is still development, and I haven't programmed
since C-64 days(raising family), but if we want converts, it has to be
simple to use.

Improve the usage of "\".
No where did I come across any proper usage of "\". I had to discover on
my own how to call up programs via command line, that "c:\Program
File\etc.." is really "c:\\Program\ Files\\etc."
There are still some programs unable to call up, thanks to M$
complexity, however, double-clicking in gnome will return an error
message, unable to call "/mnt/win_c/Program\ /etc.."
Somehow a work-around is needed if this is going to be a point and click
system.
Keep up the work, I look forward when we can tell Bill Gates to"#@*&!"
himself.
System: