Symbol Fonts under Wine

hartke hartke at math.rutgers.edu
Thu Feb 1 20:14:40 CST 2001

Hello!

I have a specialized math typesetting programming that uses its own
special symbol fonts.  The fonts are TrueType.  I am using XFree86
version 4.0.1 running on FreeBSD 4.2, with the FreeType module loaded.
All of my regular TrueType fonts work fine with X programs and under
Wine.  The symbol TrueType fonts work fine with X programs (such as
xfontsel or xfd), but under Wine, many of the characters do not appear,
or the wrong character from the same font file will appear instead.  The
condition occurs in all of the Windows programs I have tested, most
noticeably in the Windows Character Map.  The Wine install I have is
version wine-2000.10.26, with everything set to use builtin dlls.

Thanks for any information,

Stephen