TurboTax 99 dosen't work

gerard patel nomailthankyoug.patel at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 2 01:55:48 CST 2001

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 17:33:40 -0800 (PST), Ian Turner
<vectro at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:

>> Sorry,  if I had looked more closely at your trace I would
>> have seen that :-/
>> Actually the people having success with this app have either
>> - probably used 'native' libraries (which version ???)
>
>You mean, e.g. the libraries shipped with Windows itself?

Yes, native rpcrt4.dll. In this case you usually need to
add other ms dlls in the loadorder. It's not working always,
though, particularly if it brings a dependency on a not
yet implemented api in kernel32.dll or ntdll.dll - libraries
that the Wine system can only emulate, it can't use
the ms dlls in this case.

>> - or got away with a -winver. Maybe -winver win95
>
>Tried win95 and win31, without success. :\ Mabye I should try reinstalling
>with -winver 95?

Very unlikely to succeed.

Gerard