Write problems

Eduardo Costa ecosta at tpk.com.br
Fri Feb 2 22:48:16 CST 2001

JP.Hermans at pandora.be wrote:

> When i start a program like excel or something else it works.
> But i can't save my work to hd.
> I think there is something wrong with te read/write permissions
> of the hd.... How can i correct that ?

You just need to see one thing:
Who is the owner of the mount point ?

Don't know how to do that ? What are you doing in Linux ?
Well, while you don't know how to change the mount permissions (tip:
editing the /etc/fstab) and how to change the file permissions (tip: the
extremelly-well-know-unix-like chown), try running wine as root.

See ya,
Eduardo Costa
(Last tip: PLEASE buy a Linux book or just do like me - spend many hours
discovering Linux tips by yourself. PS: in console, not in X)
--
http://www.tpk.com.br
Computer Projects and Stuff