codeweavers-wine:itcl problem

Anna annamerikin at email.com
Sat Feb 3 18:02:57 CST 2001

codeweavers-wine-20010112-1 hung during install (rpm) at
the creation of KDE/Gnome menus; since I don't use either,
I thought, no prob and ran winesetup from Blackbox.

I skipped re-making the links on starting winesetup and
went right for the configuration. which also failed. This
is the message it generated:

Error:  Invoking 'wish Main.itcl' in
/opt/wine/bin/winesetuptk appears to have failed.

Then it suggested I make use of the wine support.

Itcl-3.2-50 is installed. Pretty basic RH6.2 with qt-2.2.3,
KDE2.1beta2 and Helixgnome, 128 MB RAM.

I notice there is itcl-8.x.rpm available for Mandrake, but
all the RH itcls I have found have been in the 3.x series.
Is this the prob?

What to do?

PS: This message may have been posted twice; if so, my
apologies (cwnet.com's news transport failed during the
attempt to send the first, so I resent. <blush>)