Segfault creating font metrics

Robert Lunnon bob at yarrabee.net.au
Mon Feb 5 07:23:46 CST 2001

The problem is that I'm not sure why it is offending! When I use XSun it
works (But Notepad Faults when I try to open a file) Must be a problem
in the common control library. Unfortunately I can only use 8 Bit depth
in XSun so I stick to Xfree 3.3  XFree 4 unfortunately doesn't have a
driver for my (OLD) video card :-(

gerard patel wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Feb 2001 23:20:57 +1000, Robert Lunnon
> <bob at yarrabee.net.au> wrote:
>
> >I have a solaris X86 Xfree 3.3  system and I have trouble  when Wine
> >tries to create the font metrics
> >
> >trace:font:XFONT_BuildMetrics   [ 9pt]
> >'-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--14-110-100-100-c-70-iso8859-1'
> >
> >Can anyone give me some ideas how to fix this
>
> The idea is to remove the faulting font.
> However, I have posted a tentative patch on 01/28
> to try to make Wine eliminate these fonts
> all by itself. Try it

Does that mean it's already in the CVS ? because I downloaded in
February