Text handling broke.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at news.sloboda.ru
Mon Feb 5 08:37:59 CST 2001

"gerard patel" <nomailthankyoug.patel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> I checked it under Windows and the doc is not completely
> wrong ;-). The additional 0 is appended only when the
> control is not multiline. When it's multiline (when the
> EM_GETLINE message is supposed to be used), the
> documented behaviour (no trailing 0) holds.

I not only did read the Platform SDK documentation, I wrote a test
program as well (actually I do it every time, when I mistrust to docs).
And the trailing 0 was appended to the passed buffer every time, when enough
space was provided when EM_GETLINE was sent to the multiline edit control.
Test was run under Win2000.