hello, I need some help for using wine

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Feb 5 11:26:13 CST 2001

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Yves MOYA wrote:

> hello,
>
> I have only one libuser32.so file. My wine is wine-20001220-1.rpm
> (zell.redhat.de, http://www.winehq.com)

> bash-2.04# wine --debugmsg warn+module,+fixup SETUP.EXE
> Warning: configuration loaded by the server from /root/.wine/config,
>          file /etc/wine.conf was ignored.
> warn:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load user32.dll: symbol __sysconf,
> version GLIBC_2.2 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

In case you need me to tell you, Gerard is right.  This is why it can't
load user32.  The dynamic linker will not load a library that was linked
with a libc version that is not present, or is incompatible with the
libc the calling program is linked with.  (the last bit is mostly to do
with libc5/libc6 version control).

> warn:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Failed to load module
> 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\user32.dll'; error=0x00000002,
> Cannot load user32.dll
> bash-2.04#
>
> (the "Could not stat /mnt/floppy..." line is because I have not the
> directory /mnt/floppy but /mnt/floppyA and /mnt/floppyB)

That's not the problem.  If you get it working, windows apps just won't
be able to use the floppy until you fix your config file.

> the command wine --debugmsg +module,+fixup SETUP.EXE output too much for
> write here.
>
> libc.so.6 is in the directory /lib
> it is a link to the file libc-2.1.92.so in /lib too

It's a nice libc, but it is not libc-2.2, is it?

If you are going to use ready-made wine, you must pay attention to the
library requirements.  If you get the source and brew your own, it will
configure itself to use the libraries you have available, to the best of
its ability.

Lawson
---cut here