Text handling broke.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at news.sloboda.ru
Mon Feb 5 22:10:37 CST 2001

"gerard patel" <nomailthankyoug.patel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>Strange.
>I can't test under Windows 2000 easily.  I have only NT4 SP6.
>Maybe they changed that in Windows 2000.

Apparently it was changed in Win2000, because the same test app, running
on Win95OSR2 shows that 0 is not appended for multiline edit control.

To the original poster: could you please verify what type of edit control
was affected? Single or multiline?

>It has the potential to break apps, though. One byte overwritten is
>enough.

Not at all. Application has passed buffer length in the first word.
We can fill the whole buffer if we want to.