Text handling broke.

gerard patel nomailthankyoug.patel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 6 01:49:31 CST 2001

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:10:37 +0800, "Dmitry Timoshkov"
<dmitry at news.sloboda.ru> wrote:
>>It has the potential to break apps, though. One byte overwritten is
>>enough.
>
>Not at all. Application has passed buffer length in the first word.

That may be a problem; if the app *knows* the length of
the string, it may forget to set the buffer length;  don't
underestimate programmer's lazyness. I have found on
dejanews a code snippet given as an example of how
to use this api where the buffer length was lacking...

Gerard