Microsoft Fortran Powerstation on Linux via Wine

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Feb 7 12:50:03 CST 2001

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Aldo Colussi wrote:

> Hi, i'm just starting with Linux, and by ny job I have
> to program in Fortran, and I use Microsoft Fortran
> Powerstation (an IDE) because of its integrated IMSL
> library.
>
> Now I tried to run it from Linux simply with the
> command wine msdev.exe, and the first time it worked.
> After that when the window starts to open another
> window opens with the title "Microsoft Visual C++
> Runtime Library" and the message "Runtime Error!
> Abnormal Program Termination".
> Just to be precise, I don't have Visual C++ in this
> environment.
>
> Is there anybody who kindly can suggest me what I have
> to do? I read the manpage of wine, but there seems to
> be nothing appropriate to my case.
>
> Thank you, Alinus777

Seems _somthing_ uses msvcrt.  This is maybe not so strange.  g77
(native linux fortran 77 compiler - actually, an extension of gcc)
creates executables that use glibc (the GNU c runtime library),...

Maybe you want to use native msvcrt.  The wine builtin msvcrt isn't
quite fully developed yet.

wine --dll crtdll,msvcrt=n msdev.exe

just  to see; if that works, you can set it in [DllOverrides] in your
wine config file.

OTOH, she had warts, maybe you want to use the builtin.  just substitute
=b for =n above in that case.

Or maybe you want to compile your fortran code with g77 and eliminate
the middleman.

Lawson

<   "One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad  >
<      "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer" - Adolf Hitler           >