DirectX 5.0

Ron Heron ronheron at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 16:58:17 CST 2001

Hello,

I am trying to install Streets of SimCity.  I have the
latest Codeweavers wine.  I have other apps installed
and running fine, so this isn't my first install.

I run the install, and it basically stops installing
when it tries to install DirectX 5.0 (it doesn't ask
me first if I even want to install it).

I kill the app, and the game is ready to play.  I
execute the app, and the window goes black, with only
a mouse cursur, no video.

I think it is a directX problem, but am not sure.
What should I post (error logs, if any) in order to
get some help with this? Or, does anyone have some
suggestions based on what I have given?

Thanks,
Ron