"Unable to open file..."

bhalco at my-deja.com bhalco at my-deja.com
Sat Feb 10 08:45:56 CST 2001

In article <20010210.004616.134622664.0.lawson_whitney at juno.com>,
  wine-users at winehq.com wrote:

> It found the file, it read the file, it doesn't like what it read.
> At least, that is how it looks to me.  Bear in mind that windows apps
> don't really know what they are doing (if they did, they would not use
> the hideous windows API...) so message boxes are inherently
misleading.
> This mail will be sent by an app that raises a message box
"Insufficient
> memory or disk space" unless I use native riched32.dll.
>
> The app may have expectations for what is a valid .ta0 file.  If the
> file doesn't meet them, the app can't open the file.
>
> Lawson

It wouldn't surprise me for this to be a misleading error message.
In fact, I first suspected a low-disk-space problem.  So I freed
up some space and reinstalled the program.  It made no difference.

However, the program does read the file correctly if I boot Windows 95.
The problem only shows up when using Wine.

Bruce

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/