Undefined symbols

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at keep_your_ads_to_yourself.yahoo.com
Sat Feb 10 13:10:09 CST 2001

> For instance, if I'm migrating a WNT console based application using
> winelib, which is the library I must link with object files ?

If you're migrating an MS VC++ project, open the .dsp file in a text editor
and have a look at the BASE LINK32 / ADD LINK32 lines. For most of the
foo.lib's listed you will need to add  foo.dll as an import line in your
applications .spec file.

tools/winemaker makes a pretty good stab by adding a lot of libs. You can
remove any that you don't require later (winebuild gives a warning if you
import but don't use any symbols from a dll).

Finally, If you are using any 3rd party native dlls have a look at
tools/specmaker/README.

Hope this helps,
Jon