Font control under Wine

Mark Norton nortonmd at home.com
Mon Feb 12 16:37:27 CST 2001

Alberto BARSELLA <ishark at lsh01.univ-lille1.fr> wrote:
> There's a thread "Font problems" in which G.Patel kindly answered a
> lot of my questions about this font problem.  In short the answer is
> that's it's not a trivial problem and the easiest "fix" is to delete
> the unreadable font from your machine....

I backchecked that discussion and looked at your screenshot.  The font you
have displayed in the Messages window is EXACTLY the one that is now
showing up for me.

Alternatively, the September build of Wine that is included in the 7.2
release of Mandrake doesn't have this problem, but does have the crashing
on exit problem.  Between the two, I'll choose the font problem, as I can
still read the text, just with difficulty.

> I've given up for the moment because opening up the battle VCR kills
> the game instantly :(((  It wasn't happening some time ago....

I haven't tried this yet (game hasn't progressed to a battle phase yet)
but maybe I'll try testbedding something with combat to see if the
latest build still kills the Battle VCR.

> I think I'll spend the evening trying to do something, anyway, since
> after I upgraded my mb/cpu/ram win95 is *extremely* dead (doesn't boot
> anymore, and install refuses to install) and I have a turn deadline
> this evening (and I'm under attack... ;).

Good luck with the attack.  If you run across something that sort of works,
be sure to post it.  There are lots of Linux Stars! folks around ;).

Regards,
Mark Norton