Font control under Wine

Alberto BARSELLA ishark at lsh01.univ-lille1.fr
Wed Feb 14 07:02:45 CST 2001

nomailthankyoug.patel at wanadoo.fr (gerard patel) writes:

> Is this 'battle VCR' some special part of a game or is it
> a game ?

It's part of the Stars!.  It's a window which opens up when a combat
occurs in the game.
If you want I can provide you with a set of files for a 1-player game
where there are combats against the computer.
This, of course, ASSUMING I GET THE FSCKED WINDOWS TO RUN (sorry for
the caps, but I lost the entire evening to install win98 and it
doesn't run.  It crashes on a lot of things, including the battle VCR,
which is weird - time to reinstall without all the fancy udma drivers).

> If the former, I can take a look at it with the demo
> version...all that is needed it to give the way to get there and
> to crash the app. Else you can also use the standard debug
> features of Wine (debugmsg +relay and post the 200 lines
> before the crash)

I haven't had the time to check the crash, but what surprised me is
that I don't get a single message in the xterm and the game/wine goes
down *instantly*.  With the problems I have I would have started
considering a faulty motherboard, if it weren't that I was able to
recompile the kernel/wine/gimp (with make -j4), run simulations, browse
with mozilla, listen music with xmms, etc.  without a single glitch
for several days....
I'll try to get win running and reinstall stars (just in case the exe
got corrupted), then I should be able to provide some useful
information.

Bye,
Alberto
--
Alberto BARSELLA
PGP fingerprint = 13 3F 22 D2 0B 0A D3 25  F1 89 FE B5 82 AD 75 2A