Using Windows PrinterDrivers

Malte Cornils malte at cornils.net
Wed Feb 14 12:01:59 CST 2001

Chris Howells wrote:
> Markus Seitz wrote:
> > Is it possible to use windows printerdriver? if so, where can i find
> Only 16 bit Win 3.x.

IIRC, this functionality is currently seriously broken and unlikely
to work in the near future due to some heavy restructuring that
would be necessary in Wine (again, this might be wrong).

At least I tried with a Lexmark inkjet driver, didn't work (well, I
got it to print its test page after some work, but spooling anything
to the driver didn't work).

For any other printer, there should be drivers for Linux, although
some cheap Lasers might not have any.

-Malte #8-)

(BTW, even for my printer there's some kind of native Linux
printer... although it's *very* ugly, you might be able to beautify
it if you're a print driver hacker :-))