How about umlaut characters?

Andre Diamand andre at fti.com.br
Wed Feb 14 13:43:45 CST 2001

Holger Marzen wrote:

> On 16 Oct 2000 11:39:10 GMT, Uwe Bonnes
> <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
>
> >Holger Marzen <holger.marzen at sik-gmbh.de> wrote:
> >: I compiled wine-20000109 and got the Lotus Notes Client up and running.
> >: I had to copy lots of dlls from my NT-box but now it works.
> >: My X-Server has access to a TT-fontserver (xfstt).
> >
> >: However, I don't get umlaut characters. Instead of ü I get something
> >: like an A with tilde and the fraction 1/4. Setting language to De
> >: doesn't help.
> >
> >: Any hints orr pointers?
> >
> >Look what fonts with what encoding are used.
>
> Additional info:
>
> When I create a new mail then I can type all umlaut characters.
> Only in dialog boxes and menu titles there are buggy umlauts.
> How can I find out what fonts are used?

Holger !!!
I believe you can help me:
I am one step before you: wine recognizes my keyboard layout as Brazilian
ABNT,
wich is correct and nice. But when I try to type umlaut characters like ã or
ê, I only
get ~a and ^e separately !!!
Do I have to edit a win.ini or system.ini file ?
I am becoming mad because of it.

Thanks in advance,

Andre Diamand