problem loading program..

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Feb 19 16:52:53 CST 2001

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Josh Jones wrote:

> I'm loading a program from CD-ROM .. the splash screen comes up, but
> then a dialog box comes up with "Failed to initialize ..."  btw, I'm
> running wine under the 2.2.16 linux kernel and the partition I'm running
> this program from is a win2k ntfs partition (the program is not limited
> to win2k however.. just what i have)  Here are some of the errors
> (randomly selected) that I'm getting.. any look familiar?  any
> suggestions?
>

> fixme:file:_lclose16 stdio handle closed, need proper conversion
> err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for
> NTDLL.DLL.241(NtSecureConnectPort) imported from
> C:\WINNT\system32\rpcrt4.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for
> ADVAPI32.DLL.261(InstallApplication) imported from
> C:\WINNT\system32\ole32.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for
> ADVAPI32.DLL.60(CommandLineFromMsiDescriptor) imported from
> C:\WINNT\system32\ole32.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for
> ADVAPI32.DLL.416(RegOpenUserClassesRoot) imported from
> C:\WINNT\system32\ole32.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef

Wine has pretty good builtin rpcrt4, ole32, ... lots of good builtin
dll's that don't import any junk.  You might look into using some of
them.  Get to know [DefaultLoadOrder] and [DllOverrides] in your wine
config file, which is probably named ~/.wine/config

> --
>        Josh Jones        |      CS @ College of Computing
>     josh at homemail.com    |      Georgia Institute of Technology,
> gte910w at prism.gatech.edu |      Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.

Lawson

This file does not have a program associated
with it for performing this action. Create an
association in My Computer by clicking View
and then clicking Options.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.