wine + games: Deux + Baldur 1 and 2

Malte Cornils malte at cornils.net
Wed Feb 21 20:54:27 CST 2001

"Adam D. Moss" wrote:

> Malte Cornils wrote:
> > BG1's Installshield is rather old, so it should work - I've got
> > Planescape working in a no-windows setup, so it's  probably doable.
>
> Oooh, tell me more!  How well does Planescape run?

Well, there were some severe DDraw problems with it, but I was able
to get to the "Options" menu and could enable all those "graphics
settings" that make the game rather slow, but playable. After that,
there were some minor glitches when dragging the mouse, but apart
from that, it worked, and indeed I played it half through (when I
found out I had to do more for university... :-))

You might be able to search the Usenet archives on deja/google for
my old posts regarding PS:T, there might be some info there. (I also
have at least the posts I sent on my hdd, but am rather reluctant to
search for them, my archives are rather... huge)

Good luck,

Yours Malte #8-)