afx.h... configure: error: Could not find the MFC includes

Alex Wade alexwade at my-deja.com
Thu Feb 22 00:44:52 CST 2001

This is driving me nuts. I'm trying to compile an MFC application using
WINE. I can specify the location of the ATL includes and configure is
quite happy but it chokes when I give it the MFC includes in the same way:

./configure --with-atl-includes=/home/wade/VC98/atl/Include
--with-mfc-includes=/home/wade/VC98/mfc/Include

Wassup? I'm using
Winemaker 0.5.5
And wine
codeweavers-wine-20010112.tar.gz

And I've tried all possible variations of --with-mfc-includes
(upper/lower case on everything, with and without running winmaker
--lower-uppercase on the whole MFC directory etc etc.)

The MFC, ATL stuff is all copied verbatim from an MSVC installation on
another computer. (c:/program files/Visual Studio/VC98)

Any takers?
Thanks
al

A.R. Wade Ph.D.