Problems in games.

Dan de Haan Zeron at Mindless.com
Thu Feb 22 15:47:59 CST 2001

I have a RedHat 7.0 system.  I compiled wine (form CVS, mondya afternoon) with the transgaming patches.

For the most part it works pretty good, I can use napster, winamp, and many other programs that are installed on my win98 partition.

The problem is when I play games.  I donm't have that many games that I want to play (about 5), but I can;t get any of them to work properly.

The first game I tried was Pharaoh by Sierra.  The gmae loads okay (with some sound oddity in the intro, but whoe cares it's only the intro).  But when I get to the menu, there is no mouse cursor.  I tried turing on/off the dxgrab option in my conf, but it didn't help.  I start the game by typing wine Pharaoh.exe form the Pahraoh driectory.

The second game that I have problem with is Total Anihlation.  When I try to start it, it loads but I never see any graphinc on the screen.  I can here the music, and if I press the right keys I can naviagte the menus.

My hardware is a Celeron-400 with 192M ram, a nVidia GeForce 2 MX, and a Soundblaster Live.

Can any one help me get either of these games to work?  I have seen reports that both games are playable under wine.

        -Dan de Haan.