Initial window position with WINE

François Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Fri Feb 23 18:23:41 CST 2001

Alfredo Cole wrote:

> How can I get a copy of this wine version? Thank you.

   Here's the URL:
   http://opensource.corel.com/sourcecode_cvs.html

> El Viernes 23 Febrero 2001 08:49, James Richard Tyrer escribió:
> > Some one else (not me -- I have RedHat 7 and can't seem to get a
> > compiler to work) built the current Corel WPO CVS WINE and it seems to
> > work OK except that when I close an application with a full screen it
> > remembers that.
> >
> > But, when I reopen it it is a little to my left and too high to see the
> > decorations on the window frame.
> >
> > Can this be changed with a configuration file somewhere or something, or
> > does it have to be changed in the code somewhere?

   I think this is the usual creeping-window bug. You cannot fix it by
tweaking the configuration. I believe this is fixed in more recent
versions of Wine (that Corel Wine you use is an antique!), but maybe not
with all window managers.

   Well, give a recent version of Wine a try.

--
François Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com