anyone know if its possible to get s35explorer running uder wine

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Feb 25 11:10:48 CST 2001

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Martin Warby wrote:

> tried to get the above program running (its a phone managment program
> for the siemens mobile phones) but it always brings up the error cannot
> open COM port.I can send AT commands to the phone via the terminal in
> KPPP.
>
> Martin Warby

Yes, and what have you in [serialports]?

[serialports]
"Com1" = "/dev/ttyS0"
"Com2" = "/dev/ttyS1"
"com4" = "/dev/ttyS3,38"

will get me this:

err:dosfs:DOSFS_CreateCommPort Couldn't open /dev/ttyS3,38 ! (check
permissions)
fixme:dosfs:DOSFS_OpenDevice device open COM4 not supported (yet)
err:file:CreateFileA Couldn't open device 'COM4'!

This works (at the port speed as set by "stty -F /dev/ttyS3"), and in
fact this letter comes to you from Wine over /dev/ttyS3.

[serialports]
"Com1" = "/dev/ttyS0"
"Com2" = "/dev/ttyS1"
"com4" = "/dev/ttyS3"

Specifying a port speed only works for 16 bit apps, until somebody fixes
it.  Only specify a "port" = "device" for 32 bit comm apps, to get on
with.

Of course, not having any entry in [serialports] would also cause
it open to fail.

Lawson

Everything comes from somewhere.  Everything has to go somewhere.
There ain't no such thing as a free IRQ.
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.