Your keyboard layout was not found! ???????

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Feb 25 22:58:29 CST 2001

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Eric Dramaix wrote:

> I have the following error while installing the Benelux map (Garmin) :
>
> fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was not
> found!
> Instead of using closest match (Belgian keyboard layout) for scancode
> mapping.
> Please define your layout in windows/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
> to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.
> See documentation/keyboard for more information.
>

> How do I define the layout in windows/x11drv/keyboard.c ?
> Where do I find that file ?
>

> Thanks for reading my post.
>
> Eric

You are meant to have built Wine from the source, and know where you put
that source.  At least, that is what the person who wrote those error
messages expected of a fellow wine developer.  (This is a developers
only release, after all).  Those paths are all relative to the root of
the wine source tree.
If you have the current ftp release, and untarred it with

tar -C /usr/src -xvzf Wine-20010216.tar.gz

the root of the source will be

/usr/src/wine-20010216

and you should have no trouble to find

/usr/src/wine-20010216/documentation/configuring.sgml (which ate
documentation/keyboard a while ago, but hasn't found its way to the
error message yet) and

/usr/src/wine-20010216/windows/x11drv/keyboard.c

If you have a different release, or have put it in a different place, I
trust you can find it.

Lawson

If the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise.
                    - William Blake

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.