Updating Starcraft?

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Mon Feb 26 06:05:42 CST 2001

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, R Pickett wrote:

> Fair enough.  I've not been able to get the Start Menu part to work
> correctly, though.  I've created Start Menu\Programs in the right place,
> but it always fails when trying to access it.

This was CodeWeavers Wine? I recall that in recent versions of Wine,
creating a start menu entry would try to launch the script known as
"wineshelllink", which CodeWeavers Wine is kind enough to provide. If it
can't launch the script, or the script fails, then it returns an error to
the installer... try to put an "exit 0" near the top of the script, like

#!/bin/sh
exit 0

or something like that...

For me, this script used to hang last time I tried to install starcraft...