Wine Setup and Config File?

Robert Tilley tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com
Mon Feb 26 06:36:54 CST 2001

I have recently added the appropriate lines to my sources.list and done an
apt-get install wine, read the included documentation, and run winesetup.

Here are the results:

tilleyrw at debian:~$ wine

Warning:
   The Wine launcher is unable to find xmessage.

   This launcher script relies heavily on finding this tool,
   and without it, it will behave poorly.

   Most Linux distributions have one or the other of these
   tools.

   We strongly recommend that you use your distributions
   software methods to locate xmessage.
Wine called with no arguments.
Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin  ...
/usr/bin/wine: -buttons: command not found
/usr/bin/wine: -title: command not found
/usr/bin/wine: line 538:  9623 Terminated              tail -f $log_name
tilleyrw at debian:~$

I'm a clueless newbie in trying to get Wine to do anything.  I don't even
know how to play Solitaire with it!  The need for help is great at this
point in time.
--
Robert Tilley <tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com>