Wine Setup

Robert Tilley tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com
Tue Feb 27 10:29:26 CST 2001

I am a complete newbie to Wine.  I am aware of the wonderful things OTHER
people can get it to do as far as running MS apps, but I have never had
such sucess.

The last attempt to run "winesetup" as root was met with the following:

debian:/home/tilleyrw# whoami
root
debian:/home/tilleyrw# winesetup
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Application initialization failed: couldn't connect to display ":0"
Error in startup script: invalid command name "wm"
    while executing
"wm geometry $pTopLevel 600x400"
    while constructing object "::ObjScrFileLoc" in ::CBaseScr::constructor
(body line 15)
    invoked from within
"CBaseScr::constructor $apObjBase"
    while constructing object "::ObjScrFileLoc" in
::CScrFileLoc::constructor (body line 1)
    invoked from within
"CScrFileLoc    ObjScrFileLoc    ObjBase"
    (procedure "BuildScrTree" line 2)
    invoked from within
"BuildScrTree"
    invoked from within
"CBase ObjBase [BuildScrTree]"
    (file "Main.itcl" line 1426)
debian:/home/tilleyrw#

I am using Debian and my system is updated nightly.  Has something broken
in the latest builds?  I've used winesetup before and it is a very nice
interface to the complicated wine.conf file.

Any info is most appreciated.
--
Robert Tilley <tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com>