printing with wine thru ghostscript

Michael L Torrie torriem at nocs.spambyu.pleaseedu
Tue Feb 27 14:30:01 CST 2001

The printing howto is a little vague in this area.  How do I go about
printing through ghostscript from windows?  I know how to teach
ghostscript to print the ttfs (generate the appropriate afms, add them
to the fontmap).  Where do I place the afms for wine to use?  If I
provide afms for each truetype font for wine, and then use a postscript
printer ppd file, and set lpt1 to be |lpr, will this work?

Could someone maybe tell me the steps he or she performed to make this
work?  I have worked with afms before.  In fact, I was able to get
StarOffice to use truetype fonts (and ghostscript).

thanks,
Michael