Wine & openGL

Markus Holzapfel benu at lisa.uni-paderborn.de
Wed Feb 28 05:54:10 CST 2001

Rick Knight <rick at rlknight.com> wrote:
> I have Codeweavers-wine installed and working. I'm able to run Lotus
> Notes 5.0.2 and a couple of other win applications. I've installed
> Half-Life and it does run, but only with software rendering. I have an
> nVidia Gforce GTX(?) and my openGL works for linux games. How do I get
> wine to use openGL. I modified the codeweavers source rpm to enable
> openGL but something still seems to be missing. Any ideas?

I have the same Problem here. I'm running wine (latest sources from
winehq) on a Mandrake 7.2 system with the nvidia opengl drivers. I
tried to start Half-Life and it worked ok, except that it wouldn't
use opengl (video mode not supported by your videocard). I played]
an internet game in software mode but it's unplayable. As the nvidia
driver replaces some libs (/usr/lib/ligGL.so gets deleted and
replaced by /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so for example) i'm not sure if
these got compiled in correctly. Is there an option for configure
or make which i have to set to point it to the right opengl lib?
Or is it possible to use transgamers d3d for the game? Is it
included in the newest wine sources or do i have to patch it
in myself?
Oh, and btw: Is there a faq for this newsgroup?
Thanks in advance,

Markus