com port acccess again

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Feb 28 13:09:02 CST 2001

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, zbalazs wrote:

> hi guys!
>
> i have some problem whit wine about the $SUBJECT
> i start my program and i get the following error
> message:
> ceta.2 at sb-003:~/.wine/fakewin/csoft30 > wine
> --debugmsg +comm --managed comkern.exe
> err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for
> shlwapi.dll.0(StrRetToBufA)
> imported from shell32.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef

You get this by mixing builtin and native versions of shell, shell32,
and shlwapi, I think.  Set DllOverrides to builtin in the config file or
--dll option, or make sure you have native versions of all 3 and
override them to native.

> trace:comm:COMM_Init COM1 = /dev/ttyS0
> trace:comm:COMM_Init COM2 = /dev/ttyS1
> err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics missing ;, failed.
> [C 0 ; WX 600 ; N null]
> err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
> err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
> fixme:dosfs:DOSFS_OpenDevice device open COM4 not
> supported (yet)
> err:file:CreateFileA Couldn't open device 'com4'!
> fixme:dosfs:DOSFS_OpenDevice device open COM3 not
> supported (yet)

You can't open a comm device ou don't have a [serialports] entry for.
So?

> trace:comm:GetCommState bytesize 8 baudrate 110
> fParity 0 Parity 0 stopbits 1
> trace:comm:GetCommState ~IXON ~IXOFF
> (com2:115200,n,8,1,0x40596080,(nil))

Only the first to digits of speed are interpreted, so this is 110 baud.
Probably not what you intended.  For speeds >19200, leave the speed out.
I recomend you end the [serialports] entry with the device name, so:

"com2" = "/dev/ttyS1"

and use setserial -F to set the port speed before starting wine.

> trace:comm:BuildCommDCB16 (com2:115200,n,8,1), ptr
> 0x40596004
> trace:comm:BuildCommDCB16 baudrate (110)
> trace:comm:GetCommState OK
> trace:comm:GetCommState bytesize 8 baudrate 110
> trace:comm:SetCommState CRTSCTS
> fixme:comm:SetupComm insize 10240 outsize 10240
> unimplemented stub
> trace:comm:SetCommTimeouts (8c,0x4059606c)
>
> im not a hacker, so maybe for somebode it says more,
> and can halp me...
> thanks
>
> balazs

So what is your problem?  Looks like it opened com2 at 110 baud.  Isn't
that what you wanted?

Lawson

First shoot the arrow.  Then draw the bulls-eye. - J. A. Soucy
---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.