NT domains? smb?

Brian Craft bcboy at cisco.com
Wed Feb 28 02:03:54 CST 2001

I just tried running some install programs, which grab binaries via smb.
They bail out immediately, complaining that "You're not logged in to a
valid NT domain".

Looks like some sort of wine/samba integration issue. Does anyone know
what support is needed for a program to do Windows file sharing & what
its status is in Wine?

Unfortunately, I can't just smbmount the server, because I don't know
what server it needs to talk to, and I suspect there's some sort of
authentication compiled in to the install program.