winelib and compiling MFC

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Jul 6 14:42:07 CDT 2001

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, bri r wrote:

> Hi,
> The company I work for, has asked me to use winelib to port some code, however I have a problem compiling the MFC.  I run
> winemaker 0.5.7
> with options:
>
> 'winemaker --lower-uppercase -nomfc --dll ./ > \ winemaker_output.txt'
>
> No errors in file or stderror; further winemaker accesses the correct directories.
>
> But when I run ./configure as:
>
> './configure --with-wine=/usr/bin \
> --with-wine-includes=/usr/include/wine \
> --without-wine-libraries \
> --prefix=./noarch \
> --exec-prefix=./linuxarch \
> --with-x \
> --cache-file='winemaker_config.txt'
> It exits and returns
> 'configure: warning: --with-wine-includes=/usr/include/wine: invalid host type
> configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at a time'
>
> My questions are:
> 1. Do I need to specify the wine libraries for configure or is that
> what I am making by compiling MFC?

   You need to specify where the wine libraries are because you'll need
to link the MFC library with them.

> 2. 'configure --help' says HOST is guessed by default, but what are
> my options if I want to specify the HOST?

   I tried this command on some Winelib sources here and I got 'Could
not find the Wine includes' which is what I expected since th eWine
includes are not here on my computer.
   Are you sure the above command is the exact command you typed? Didn't
you have some quoting problem? Already above I see strange single
quotes.

> --cache-file='winemaker_config.txt'

   configure displays the message you got when it finds more than one
command line parameter which is not a known option. I get this error if
I type 'configure foo bar' for instance.

                            1 + e ^ ( i * pi ) = 0