winelib and no mfc

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Jul 12 12:05:18 CDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Bill Medland wrote:
[...]
> I have noticed that if ones code comes out of the Visual Studio environment
> (even if it doesn't use MFC and ATL) the current winemaker (and quite
> possibly all of them so far) are easily led to believe that it does.  For
> myself (since I'm just playing so far) I simply edit the Makefile.in files
> to correct that.

   I guess this is because the current Winemaker assumes that if a file
called 'stdafx.h' is present then the project is an MFC one. Maybe this
needs to be fixed, but I'm not really sure then how to detect that a
project is an MFC one. Maybe it should look for an atl.h or afx.h when
it is parsing the files to fix the include directives. Unfortunately
this is done too late in the process...
   When does VC6 create this 'stdafx.h' file anyway? I know it's used
for precompiled headers but not all projects using these have it. Is it
one of the wizards that does this?

  Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
                               -- Barry LePatner