Need some help on using Wine with DDK 2000

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Jul 27 21:03:35 CDT 2001

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, supergeek wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I am a newbe with Wine and I need some advice..
>
>  I have 2 partitions on my computer: Linux + winnt40.
>  I use wine for developping drivers for W2K (yes it is NOT a joke!)
> under Linux (some kinda of cross-compiling if you want ..).
>
>  So for compiling and linking it works flawlessly (really!) and
> it's GREAT!
>
>  The only problem is that I cannot browse the DDK documentation.
> For doing that one must use a windows utility (called hh.exe) and
> feed it with the files found in the ddk/help directory. When I do
> that it display an error box with a message "Could not open
> mk:@MSITStore:C:\DDK2K\HELP\INFOVIEW.CHM" and exits. The file
> C:\DDK2K\HELP\INFOVIEW.CHM realy exists and the wine configuration
> file does have the apropriate entries to permit access to
> these repertoires.
>
>  For me there is the prefix "mk:@MSITStore" that looks very strange..
> Does someone have some clues for that?
>
> Thanks

I guess you could try --debugmsg +file to see how it is trying to open
it, and hack that function to recognize and ignore the leading garbage,
if that is really what it is trying to open.  Do not expect a M$ error
message to tell the truth.  Do not expect much help from DDK2K\HELP, for
M$ is a liar and the truth is not in it.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.