Compiling against Mesa

Steve Vertigan vertigan at bigfoot.com
Fri Jul 27 08:03:05 CDT 2001

I'm trying to compile wine but running into problems with mesa.  The
situation is I have a software-only version of mesa that Mandrake spewed all
over /usr when I installed it and a "good" version in ~/stuff/Mesa-3.4/ that
I've compiled to use glide and my voodoo2.  So far I've only used this
version to compile libraries that I stick into game directories as it
doesn't seem to have a "make install" method or any way of installing itself
to my system.

So after the first few problems I've copied all the compiled libraries and
header files from the ~/stuff/Mesa-3.4 directory to other places when the
Mandrake system install had equivalent files but it doesn't seem to have
fixed anything.

So my question is, is there a way to point wine at a local implementation of
Mesa or even not look for it at all - I only want to run applications and
Starcraft at this point.  I've included the output of the exact problem I
get when compiling below if that clarifies the problem at all.

Thanks,
Steve

gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -g -O2 -Wall
-fno-strength-reduce -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fPIC -D__WINE__
-D_REENTRANT -I/usr/X11R6/include -o d3ddevice/mesa.o d3ddevice/mesa.c
d3ddevice/mesa.c:36: redefinition of `PFNGLCOLORTABLEEXTPROC'
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glext.h:2131: `PFNGLCOLORTABLEEXTPROC' previously
declared here
make[2]: *** [d3ddevice/mesa.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/stuff/wine-20010629/dlls/ddraw'
make[1]: *** [ddraw/libddraw.so] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/stuff/wine-20010629/dlls'
make: *** [dlls] Error 2