Wine controls without wine?

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jul 2 15:30:49 CDT 2001

Matthew Lake <mlake459 at earthlink.net> wrote:
: What are the odds of getting windows controls out of wine?  I'm looking for
: widgets that closely mimic windows common controls without the need for a
: monolithic window re-implamentation.

: I have a unix port of a program and all I want is to use my current gui code
: with haveing to re-add all the windows stuff.  I've tried using wine before
: (and sent in my patches to wine development for fixes I made) but with wine,
: it's all or nothing.  I want to run file io natively, sockets natively and
: fork() natively (since that all currently works).  I don't want to do a
: ground up re-write of the gui for Unix.

Every widget set (Motif,GTK,KDE,Athena) is probably a "all or nothing"
But winelib allows you to use "io natively, sockets natively and fork()"
(native on Unix I think) while reusing the windows GUI stuff.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de