Fixed window problem (old)

Eike Lantzsch eikelan at gmx.net
Tue Jul 3 14:15:43 CDT 2001

Rein Klazes wrote:
>  On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:56:33 -0400, in comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine
>  eikelan at gmx.net (Eike Lantzsch) wrote:
>
> > I hope you agree that I rather try to keep different probs
> > in different threads.
> >
> > Here is a problem with a fixed size window in a VB3 application.
> > The window is too short to show all three buttons and the lowest
> > text box. The functionality is there. I can enter text into
> > this so called "Project-Window" and press enter. The new
> > project is generated and I can work with it.
> > This is merely a cosmetic problem.
>
>  Did you try to change the "resolution" parameter in the [fonts]
>  section of your .wine/config ? I have seen a similar problem that went
>  away after increasing the value of 96 to 120.
>
>  Rein.
I meanwhile got reports, that this problem does not appear on
other installations. Still have to find out with which environment
it works though. But this shows that it does not have to do with Wine
in the first place. I'll see hwta will happen when I finally get
to installing XFree84-4.x and get rid of xfstt.

Regards, Ike