directX and transgaming patch

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Tue Jul 3 19:45:03 CDT 2001

On 3 Jul 2001 18:25:53 -0400, bpostow at cs.umd.edu (Brian Postow) wrote:

<snip>
>Moose$ wine arachnid.exe
>wine client error:0x8066390: version mismatch 44/47.
>Your wineserver binary was not upgraded correctly,
>or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
>Or maybe the wrong wineserver is still running?
>Moose$
>Moose$ diff `which wineserver`
>~/bin/src/transgaming/wine/server/wineserver
>Moose$
>
>any thoughts?

The problem is exactly what is printed on screen.
You have somewhere a wineserver that has not
been updated. As the wineserver may be loaded
without being in the path, I'd suggest to use

find / -iname wineserver

and the same with wine.

If you have really binaries in one (1) place, just wipe them
by hand and compile again.

Gerard