Fixed window problem (old)

Eike Lantzsch eikelan at gmx.net
Tue Jul 3 20:41:53 CDT 2001

Eike Lantzsch wrote:
[...]
>  Here is a problem with a fixed size window in a VB3 application.
>  The window is too short to show all three buttons and the lowest
>  text box. The functionality is there. I can enter text into
>  this so called "Project-Window" and press enter. The new
>  project is generated and I can work with it.
>  This is merely a cosmetic problem.

[...]

This problem is solved. It is an application behaviour which came up
with Wine and not on Windoze. And it happend only on my box so far.
For the few who want/need to know:

In an .INI file of the app is a section

[WndPj]
WndHeight=2920   Window Height for a fixed Window? Yes!

I changed this value to somewhat 3400 and the window was far too
high. Changed step by step to smaller values and ended up with -
you guessed correctly: 2920 and the window had the right height.
Huh?
But anyway... :-/

Thanks to Rein Klazes

Regards, Ike
--
       . .                    Eike Lantzsch
      <___>                   CdC 1509 ASUNCION PY