Can't find installation path

Pascal A. Dupuis padupuis at tatooine.eii.be
Fri Jul 6 05:02:08 CDT 2001

Hello,

I am trying to run my first program under wine, and just get the message :
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x409ef0,1) - no error checking
	or testing yet

Can't find installation path: File not found

Setup:
linux-redhat-6.2, added glibc-2.2.2 and kernel 2.4
Xfree-4.1
Wine release 20010418 installed from a rpm

Created /usr/local/lib/win/windows and assorted files as explained in the HOWTO
for a Windows-Less install and I changed all ownership to myself.

Excerpt from ~/.wine/config:
[Drive C]
"Path" = "/usr/local/lib/win"
"Type" = "network"
"Label" = "Windows"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[Drive D]
"Path" = "/dosd"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "MS-DOS"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

;; drive F points to /tmp and /tmp/test exists

[wine]
"Windows" = "c:\\windows"
"System" = "c:\\windows\\system"
"Temp" = "f:\\"
"Path" = "c:\\windows;c:\\windows\\system;d:\\;f:\\;f:\\test;"
"GraphicsDriver" = "x11drv"
"ShellLinker" = "wineshelllink"

Running the app:
cd /dosd/where_the_application_live
wine -winver win98 the_program.exe

Does this error message sound familiar ? It is probably a simple setup problem,
I looked through the HOWTO and FAQ but didn't relevant info.

TIA

Pascal Dupuis

--
To be or not to be. -- Shakespeare