Wine Installation question...

Eike Lantzsch eikelan at gmx.net
Fri Jul 13 08:04:15 CDT 2001

Eric Albers wrote:
>  Can Wine be installed on a machine by itself?
>  If I have nothing but a formatted HD and a cdrom, can I install wine
>  as the OS on the machine?????
>
>  Thanks,
>  Eric
>  eric at ericalbers.com

Wine is no OS. It needs an OS like Linux, FreeBSD to offer
its services to a Windows program. The services are WinAPIs.
See this as sort of an interface (in the widest sense) between
a program demanding MS-Windows (or NT) and the *NIX flavour
OS together with the X11 system.

Your question shows that it might be beneficial for you to
read the docs at http://www.winehq.com ;-)

Regards, Ike
--
       . .                    Eike Lantzsch
      <___>                   CdC 1509 ASUNCION PY